Immigration resources for employers
Navigating the immigration process can be difficult for employers, especially if they haven’t gone through the process before. Following are some of the most useful resources for employers.
General Immigration resources
Government resources for hiring foreign workers
- Immigrate to Alberta Information Services (I2A Infor Service): (877) 427-6419 (toll free in Alberta);
(780) 427-6419 (outside Alberta)
- Human Resources and Skills Development Canada – Hotline for employers using the Temporary Foreign Workers Program: (800) 418-4446 (toll free in Alberta), (780) 495-7972 (outside Alberta)
Alberta lmmigrant Nominee Program: www.albertacanada.com/ainp
- Citizenship and Immigration Canada – visa office processing times: www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/index.asp
- Alberta-Canada job site: Site to post ads aimed at foreign workers:
- Service Alberta Consumer Tipsheet – Employment Agencies: www.servicealberta.ca/1016.cfm
- Calgary Temporary Foreign Worker Unit (services for all Alberta):
call (403) 292-4183,or e-mail: TFWU-Calgary-UTET@cic.gc.ca
Alberta Employment and Immigration contacts
The information in this issue of Labour Market News was current as of the date shown. Employment outlook, salaries and educational programs may change. Please verify the information with additional sources before making career or business investment decisions. Contact us for more information.