Here are some things to bring when you stay in a work camp:
- Personal items like clothing, toiletries and laundry detergent
- Cell phone with charge cord or phone card for pay phone
- Entertainment – books, DVDs, video game system
- Any medicine you are taking, with the full amount for your stay in camp (also, pain relievers, antacids and vitamins)
- Alarm clock with batteries (camps are run by generators and if they kick in and out, your alarm will shut off)
- Any special food you want that may not be served in camp
- Staff in the camp may have particular clothing and footwear needed for work. Find out the requirements before going
Remember, if you’re staying in a remote camp, you just can’t just go to the store if you run out of something. There may be a small cash-only commissary (store), but it’s important to plan ahead.
The information in this issue of Labour Market News was current as of the date shown. Employment outlook, salaries and educational programs may change. Please verify the information with additional sources before making career or business investment decisions. Contact us for more information.